How does Foreign Income get added back in, for Covered CA?
Review the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion. If you live and work abroad, you may be able to claim the foreign earned income exclusion. If you qualify, you won’t pay tax on up to $100,800 of your wages
***However, it count’s towards Covered CA MAGI income, if you want subsidies!
Free Instant Quotes - Including Subsidy Calculation
Same Price as Covered CA or Direct with Insurance Company!
Guaranteed Issue - No Pre X Clause
How to use our FREE Quote Engine, Subsidy Calculator and get the MOST from the experience.
When you get a FREE quote, you can also see the benefits, view actual brochures, MD and Hospital Lists all ONE easy process with no obligation & it can be anonymous. Enter your zip code, date of birth, family - household taxation relationships (MAGI - Definition), Estimated MAGI - Modified Adjusted Gross Income for the upcoming - current year. Last years tax return only gives an idea so that Covered CA can approve your advance tax credit to help pay premiums.
This website and are individual consultation are provided to you FREE of Charge! We are paid by Covered CA and/or the Insurance Companies to help you. When you fill out the Covered CA ONLINE Application, just appoint us as your agent under Find Help in the Upper Right Hand Corner so that we get paid for helping you. Click here for screen shots for more detail of how to do it. If you prefer, you can pay us a consultation fee in lieu of appointing us as your agent, for educational services only.
You can then see all the quotes on the exchange, showing the Cost Share Reduction - Enhanced Silver if available, subsidy - tax credit amount and your net premium. If you click "Off Exchange" you will see more plans and companies which may have larger provider lists. Scroll down for more screen shots.
Then click on "View Plan Details" - "View Doctor's & Providers" - to compare and get more information. Please note that the quote engine does not show enhanced silver, but shows silver at 70%. Check our chart for the better silver coverage. To apply, click on apply now or use the links in the right hand column, ON THIS PAGE, but it will have you redo the quote for that specific company. The price is the SAME, no matter if you use us, go direct to Covered CA or the Insurance Company, as mandated by law! If applying through Covered CA, be sure to sign the form to appoint us as your agent. It's not all the easy to figure out how to do it on their website.
If you have any questions email [email protected] or call us 310.519.1335
Reporting Foreign Income:
Tax Tips from the IRS
Did you receive income from a foreign source? Are you a U.S. citizen or resident who worked abroad last year? If you answered ‘yes’ to either of those questions, here are eight tips to keep in mind about foreign income:
- Report Worldwide Income. By law, U.S. citizens and residents must report their worldwide income. This includes income from foreign trusts and foreign bank and securities accounts.
- File Required Tax Forms. You may need to file Schedule B, Interest and Ordinary Dividends, with your U.S. tax return. You may also need to file Form 8938, Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets. In some cases, you may need to file FinCEN Form 114, Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts. Visit IRS.gov for more information.
- Review the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion. If you live and work abroad, you may be able to claim the foreign earned income exclusion. If you qualify, you won’t pay tax on up to $100,800 of your wages
- ***However, it count’s towards Covered CA MAGI income, if you want subsidies!
- and other foreign earned income in 2015. See Form 2555, Foreign Earned Income, or Form 2555-EZ, Foreign Earned Income Exclusion, for more details.
- Don’t Overlook Credits and Deductions. You may be able to take a tax credit or a deduction for income taxes paid to a foreign country. These benefits can reduce your taxes if both countries tax the same income.
- Additional Child Tax Credit. You cannot claim the additional child tax credit if you file Form 2555, Foreign Earned Income, or 2555-EZ, Foreign Earned Income Exclusion.
- Use IRS Free File. Almost everyone can prepare and e-file their federal tax returns for free, using IRS Free File. If you make $62,000 or less, you can use brand-name tax software. If you earn more, you can use Free File Fillable Forms, an electronic version of IRS paper forms. Some Free File software products and fillable forms also support foreign addresses. Free File is available only through IRS.gov.
- Tax Filing Extension is Available. If you live outside the U.S. and can’t file your tax return by the April 18 due date, you may qualify for an automatic two-month extension until June 15. This extension also applies to those serving in the U.S. military abroad. You will need to attach a statement to your tax return explaining why you qualify for the extension.
- Get IRS Tax Help. Check the international services site for the types of help the IRS provides, including how to contact your local office internationally. All IRS tax tools and products are available at IRS.gov.
Each and every taxpayer has a set of fundamental rights they should be aware of when dealing with the IRS. These are your Taxpayer Bill of Rights. Explore your rights and our obligations to protect them on IRS.gov.
Additional IRS Resources: