3 comments on “FAQ Taxable & Non-Taxable Income?

  1. My divorce agreement provides that my X Spouse must provide lifetime housing in one of their rental units or bedroom. More specifically – My ex-wife is providing me one room for my living space which values around $450 per month. She also allows me to use her car. Does that count as alimony even though it’s non cash? Does that count as income for Covered CA subsidies?

      • Publication 504 is a 30 page document and refers one to other documents, including your actual separation agreement. Be sure to seek competent tax and legal counsel. Covered CA basically just goes by the definition of MAGI line 37 of your 1040 and not how your AGI is calculated.

Comments are closed.