- Child Support doesn’t show as income on the 1040, but alimony shows on line 11, thus child support doesn’t count toward subsidies, per MAGI definition.
- Who is taking the deduction for the children?
- A taxpayer’s family means the individuals for whom a taxpayer properly claims a deduction for a personal exemption under section 151.
- See the definition of MAGI – Modified Adjusted Gross Income (CFR 36B) on our website.
- Thus, if the non-custodial parent is claiming the deduction for the children, the subsidies would be worked out on their income, not the parent who has primary custody.
- So, the parent taking the deduction, would have the subsidies based on their income and deductions. Child support would still be included in income, as it’s not deductible.
- Alimony would be though.
- Is there Employer coverage available?
For a full analysis it’s imperative that you view our other pages on the Advance Premium Tax Credit and check with competent legal and tax professionals. If you would like to talk to a professional tax advisor about this try Glenn Major 310.621.6873 or Bruce Bialosky [email protected] 310.273.8250
Child Support Handbook
California Courts Self Help Section on Child Support
Child Support does not count as Income (IRS.Gov)
Confidential Life Insurance – Insure someone without them knowing about it – must have INSURABLE interest, like alimony or child support
Links and Information from LawHelp.org on Child Support – then click on your state, county, divorce – then child support
SOFTWARE USED TO DETERMINE SUPPORT …… 3830
Support of Minor Child 3900-3902
See Article on 50 year old attorney with depression
THE DUTY TO SUPPORT ADULT DISABLED CHILDREN
child support guidelines.com
Support of Grandchild …… 3930
Liability to Others Who Provide Support for Child 3950-3952
COURT-ORDERED CHILD SUPPORT
General Provisions 4000-4014
Statewide Uniform Guideline 4050-4076
Enforcement by District Attorney 4200-4205
Child Support Commissioners 4250-4253
- Child Custody
- Child Support
Other pages in MAGI section
- Income Application Questions?
- Income Chart
- Individual Mandate
- KISS? FAQ’s
CA Court Website on Child Support