MAGI – Modified Adjusted Gross Income (Line 37*)
What counts as Income, Expense, Credit or Deduction?
Please view our MAIN MAGI page for and introduction to what MAGI Income is for Covered CA tax subsidies then view the child pages below for help with your specific question or concern.
What’s better, to take the subsidy now or at tax time?
- Alimony – From a Divorce Settlement – Line 11 & 31
- Annuity Income? IRA, Pension # 1040 Line 16a
- Capital Gains – Line 13
- Caregiver Income?
- Commission Income?
- Credits & Deductions for IRS 1040
- Calif. Earned Income Tax Credit
- Charitable Donations
- Clergy – Housing Allowance?
- Educational Credits
- Employee Business Expense Unreimbursed
- Itemize or use Standard Deduction?
- Medical Expense Deduction – Line 40 Individual
- Military – Armed Forces
- Student Loan Interest?
- Debt Cancellation?
- Foreign Income IRC §911 – Line 21
- Gambling Income & Losses – Other Income Line 21
- Gift Income?
- Interest Income – Line 8 a & b
- Life Insurance Proceeds
- Rental Income? Line 17
- Schedule C – Self-Employment Income – Line 12
- SDI State Disability Benefits Taxable?
- Sharing, Gig, On Demand, Access Economy, Air Bnb, Lyft, Uber
- Social Security Benefits Line 20 a & b
- Taxable & Non-Taxable Income?
Resources & Links
|What counts as income?||Covered CA – Countable Sources of Income – Getting to MAGI and Line 37 AGI|
We’ve closed comments on this page. Please ask your question on the page most relevant.