How does one answer the
Projected MAGI Modified Adjusted Gross income Line 37* is a VERY key question.
Official Covered CA Job Aids – Instructions for Completing Income Estimation Questions
Call us 310.519.1335 and we can expedite your application over the phone in about 15 minutes. Email [email protected]om or call us 310.519.1335 if you have any questions.
We will ask that you appoint us as your Covered CA agent, at NO extra charge to you, so that we can get compensated for our time.
In a lot of ways, IMHO it’s just easier to estimate what will be on Line 37* of your Tax Return and put that number down, rather than get bogged down with a million questions on the Covered CA site to get to the same spot.
When you do your taxes it will truly be calculated then, just like a w-4 for withholding deductions now.
Historical Information from Paper Application
What Covered CA is really looking for is MAGI – Modified — Adjusted Gross Income from your projected tax return.
Self Employed – 1099
This is all about figuring your 2014 taxes and the Credit that you will get for having a Qualified Health Plan in force as mandated by law. The screen shot on the left is from the Covered CA Application and the one on the right is from the 2012 1040 form (Instructions). Even if you don’t owe taxes, you can still get the credit. irs.gov FAQ’s
For a full analysis it’s imperative that you view our other pages on the Advance Premium Tax Credit and check with competent legal and tax professionals. If you would like to talk to a professional tax advisor about this try Bruce Bialosky [email protected] 310.273.8250
Related Pages in this section
- Income Chart – Line 37** New 7 Covered CA MAGI
- Income or Expense or Deduction for AGI line 37? What counts as?
- Alimony – From a Divorce Settlement – Line 11 & 31
- Annuity Income? IRA, Pension # 1040 Line 16a
- Calif. Earned Income Tax Credit
- Capital Gains – Line 13
- Caregiver Income?
- Charitable Donations
- Clergy – Housing Allowance?
- Debt Cancellation?
- Educational Credits
- Employee Business Expense Unreimbursed
- FAQ Taxable & Non-Taxable Income?
- Foreign Income IRC §911 – Line 21
- Fudging the Income or Deductions?
- Gambling Income & Losses – Other Income Line 21
- Gift Income?
- Interest Income – Line 8 a & b
- Itemize or use Standard Deduction?
- Life Insurance Proceeds
- Medical Expense Deduction – Line 40 Individual
- Military – Armed Forces
- Rental Income? Line 17
- Schedule C – Self-Employment Income – Line 12
- SDI State Disability Benefits Taxable?
- Sharing, Gig, On Demand, Access Economy, Air Bnb, Lyft, Uber
- Social Security Benefits Line 20 a & b
- Student Loan Interest?
- Questions? on Income Covered CA Application
If you change eligibility for Advance Premium Tax Credits or Cost Sharing Reductions (Silver 94 – 73) then you get a new special enrollment period to change plans and don’t have to wait till next year. Agent training page 9
Please note, that Covered CA appears to no longer accept the paper application. The ONLINE application is easier, BUT they still need to verify to give you tax credits.