It’s important to read the all material & links as one can’t rely on Covered CA to give you the correct answer.
Household income means Code of FEDERAL Regulations – IRS Income Taxes – 1.36B 1 – (e) …(1) … the sum of—
(ii) The aggregate modified adjusted gross income of all other individuals who—
(A) Are included in the taxpayer’s family under paragraph (d) [below] of this section; and
(B) Are required to file a return of tax imposed by section 1 for the taxable year (determined without regard to the exception under section (1)(g)(7) to the requirement to file a return). [26 USC §6012 ♦ IRS tool to see if you must file a return ♦ Medi-Cal Household Size Flow Chart ♦ Blog – Insure Me Kevin.com]
(d) … A taxpayer’s family means the individuals for whom a taxpayer properly claims a deduction for a personal exemption under section 151 for the taxable year.
Family size [Medi-Cal Household Size Flow Chart ♦ Blog – Insure Me Kevin.com] means the number of individuals in the family. Family and family size may include individuals who are not subject to or are exempt from the penalty [mandate] under §5000 A (f) (1) for failing to maintain minimum essential coverage.
(a) Allowance of deductions
In the case of an individual, the exemptions provided by this section shall be allowed as deductions in computing taxable income.
To be more clear — (2) Married taxpayers must file joint return. A taxpayer who is married (within the meaning of section 7703) at the close of the taxable year is an applicable taxpayer only if the taxpayer and the taxpayer’s spouse file a joint return for the taxable year. GPO.Gov Final Regulations Page 11 * Turbo Tax Calculator * Tax Policy Center….. Joint or separate? * Estranged Spouse?
View other pages & resources in this section…
Health Care.Gov – What income to count
- Filing Status? Married, Single, etc?
- Income Application Questions?
- MAGI – AGI + Social Security, Foreign Income, Tax Exempt Interest AGI Line 37 or taxable income Line 43?
- What counts as Income – Expense or Deduction for AGI line 37?
- Alimony – From a Divorce Settlement – Line 11 & 31
- Annuity Income? Line 16a
- Capital Gains – Line 13
- Caregiver Income?
- Credits & Deductions for IRS 1040
- Calif. Earned Income Tax Credit
- Charitable Donations
- Clergy – Housing Allowance?
- Educational Credits
- Employee Business Expense Unreimbursed
- Medical Expense Deduction – Line 40 Individual
- Military – Armed Forces
- Student Loan Interest?
- Debt Cancellation?
- Foreign Income IRC §911 – Line 21
- Gambling Income & Losses – Other Income Line 21
- Gift Income?
- Interest Income – Line 8 a & b
- Life Insurance Proceeds
- Rental Income? Line 17
- Schedule C – Self-Employment Income – Line 12
- SDI State Disability Benefits Taxable?
- Social Security Benefits Line 20 a & b
- Taxable & Non-Taxable Income?
- 2014 Tax Forms – Subsidy Verification & Filing
- Confirmation of Employer & Non Covered CA Coverage #1095 B
- Confirmation of Large Employer Coverage 1095 C
- Covered CA Statement of Subsidy & Proof of Coverage 1095 A
- Individual Tax Return # 1040
- Premium Tax Credit # 8962
- Publication 974 Premium Tax Credit
See also this article on Kevin’s site
If you would like to talk to a professional tax adviser about this try Bruce Bialosky [email protected] 310.273.8250